Monday, November 24, 2008

Teton Sunrise

This morning I hiked up the Menan Buttes west of Rexburg to watch the sun rise over the Tetons. Partly I did this because I need to take some photos for my final project in my photography class, but also I really needed a field trip just by myself, and to enjoy a good view. It was 16°F outside, and it was awesome. The sun came up about 7:30 am, and I got some good pictures. Be sure to click on them for a bigger version:












Now on to the rest of my Thanksgiving break. I mean, back to tons of homework during my "week off."

2 comments:

Rebekah Wood said...

I love the pictures! I go out to the buttes several times a semester but have never seen a sunrise from them.

Professor Chaos said...

I highly recommend it. It's nice at sunrise because you can see to get down afterward, even though the sunsets in Rexburg are much more spectacular. I keep meaning to be up there for a sunset, but just never have done it.