Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Some Awesome Things

Before I begin, thank you for the feedback on my recent Twilight post, both here and on Facebook. I haven't responded yet, but there are some interesting comments that might warrant a (hopefully brief) follow-up. I don't want to post about the same thing so soon, though, and there's so much I want to say about politics but am too frustrated to write about, so it's time for an intermission. Also, I have some crazy insomnia going on , so I'd like to share with you some awesome things I have found on the internets. Let's go!

Let's kick things off with a trailer for probably the best movie ever that I haven't seen yet but really want to because it looks like it is full of all things that are awesome except bears and flame-throwers and laser beams. You are not prepared for Sharktopus! It's part shark, part octopus, and it apparently feeds exclusively on girls at the beach, and I want one for a pet.



What a catchy tune! "Sharktopus won't be kept at bay, and you can never never never get away!" Did I mention this is a documentary? Yes, better even than Planet Earth. "Greatness comes at a price, it always has." So true. My birthday is soon; please get me a sharktopus. Also, please get me one of these chainsaw rocket launchers:


Thank you in advance.

Shifting gears, Firefly gets a retro facelift!



It seems that someone got overlooked... but that's because Dr. Simon Tam is starring in his own new spin-off!



I would watch it. I would even buy it on the VHS.

And now some puppets that would make the coolest Halloween costumes ever:



And I thought they smelled bad... on the outside! (I'm tired, give me a break.)

One more. Abbott and Costello, probably the greatest comic duo of all time, debate math:



"Did you ever go to school, stupid?" "Yeah, and I come out the same way!"

Maybe I can sleep now? Nope.

No comments: