Saturday, January 15, 2011

New Year, New Blog

Well, my blog apparently died again three months ago. But it's back! With a new look! I decided I wanted a new picture, and with some of the new design tools Blogger has implemented, I was able to take a photo of the Eagle nebula, darken and stylize it so it's not unreasonably hard to read text over it, and here we go! I even got to use about the same color scheme as before, which is good.

So what's next?

I've tweaked the layout of the links on the right. As you can see, I only have two links so far under "Good Recipes". This is going to change. I've come up with my own really hot chili recipe, and as soon as I name it, it's going on the list along with other foods I've been playing with lately.

I've split the movie review list into two categories: Good Movies and Bad Movies. I prefer to review good movies, since that's what I'd rather see; but when I see a bad movie, I like to get something positive out of the experience by trying to decide what exactly went wrong. Also, some movies are so bad I need to rant about it, and some movies that are quite popular are actually terrible and it's up to me to let everyone know, of course. Duh. So the Good Movies list will likely stay much longer than the Bad Movies list, expect them both to grow this year. I've seen a bunch that I've been meaning to blog about, but I've been busy being lazy and procrastinating. Priorities first!

Expect more music talk, including hopefully in the not quite so near future some recordings I plan to make. I've been picking up Bach's cello suites on the bass Trombone and would like to get some of them recorded.

There'll be more politics, too. I must admit, I've never been more frustrated by the topic. It's hard to organize my thoughts, but I've got some new stuff to rant about. All are required to read my rants and agree with me.

That's all for now!

No comments: