Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Aaarrgh!

Ok, so I was all excited because I'd found such a cool solution to two problems with the playlist on my blog. The biggest problem is that every so often a link to a song will go bad, and give an error message.  The other problem is that not every song I want is on Project Playlist.

The other day I accidentally stumbled on File Den, a site that offers not only free file sharing, but direct html links to each file.  So I set up a free account, passing up about a dozen offers for stuff (I'm not annoyed that there were so many ads, a free site has to make money somehow, right?), and I uploaded 100 of my favorite songs from my iTunes playlist.  The only tricky part was renaming a few files for my Icelandic music, since the Windows File Den server doesn't like odd characters in file names (while my Mac doesn't care what it's called).  Then I cut and pasted each link into Project Playlist, and had the perfect blog playlist.

It worked, too, for two days.  Apparently the monthly bandwidth limit of 5gb at File Den isn't nearly as much as it sounds.  In the middle of listening to the music, and chatting with a friend who was also enjoying the music, every song in the playlist simultaneously went red with an error message.  Since I'm not going to pay $4.95/month just so you guys can listen to my superior music, I'm going to have to find another solution.  Meanwhile, sadly, I'm putting my old playlist back.

So Scott, Rebekah, forget that thing I told you about yesterday, that I was so excited about, that I got a cool playlist going and you can, too.  You can't after all, dammit, but I'm looking into a new way to do it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha, ha, ha! This just started me laughing, cause I remember what you were like that night! Sorry it's still not working.