Sunday, April 5, 2009

West Virginia: Part 1

I'm not in West Virginia. I've been in Pennsylvania for just over two weeks now; I was in West Virginia before that. That's how behind I am on this blog, and it's all due to laziness, not lack of time. I'm mostly just going to upload some pictures from the rig I worked at, and later I'll post some pictures I took sight-seeing during some down time. I already posted the bagpipers from the Celtic festival, so that's checked off my list.... okay, here we go!


The moon above the rig.

Yellow.

Another cool night shot of a rig, with some dude's truck.

I've never seen more deer than on the hill the rig was on in West Virginia. This is at the drilling site.

Drilling site. The deer in the above picture is just to my left, and there are more on my right.

All the pipe on the rack at the left was pulled out of the hole, over a mile of it, to change the bit. Now they're putting it back in, and if you look in the middle you can see the guy throwing the pipe, and there are guys off-camera at the bottom who will connect it to the pipe already in the ground.

Me with my stylin' hard hat!

Well, my internet here on-site is being frustratingly slow at uploading photos, so that will be all for now. Pictures from my day as a tourist in West Virginia coming soon!

No comments: