Tuesday, November 17, 2009

My Dream Car

Some friends of mine were watching clips from Top Gear in the computer lab today, which made me think of my all-time favorite episode of this show, where Jeremy Clarkson drives the world's smallest production car, the Peel P50, to work. And at work. In the office. If you have nine minutes and want a good laugh, this video is well worth the time. If you want it in high quality, click on it to see it at YouTube.


50 of these were sold, and about 20 are left. I want one.

3 comments:

Mary said...

That car is ridiculous...just get a bike! How expensive are they?

Professor Chaos said...

In the 60s they sold for 198 pounds, which at today's rate would be about $400. Today, since they're so rare, I think they go for anywhere from 25,000 to 50,000 pounds, or $50,000 to $100,000. A bit out of my price range. Plus, as the guy says, "your knees are the crumple zones."

As far as getting a bike instead... this is so much cooler!

Mary said...

I can't imagine spending that much money on a tin can, it looks like the little carriers parents attach to the back of their bikes for their children. My favorite part though was when he picked it up by the back end and wheeled it into the office...