Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Madagascar: Another Place I'd Like to Visit

If anyone thinks the only place I ever want to visit is Iceland, well, you are so wrong. So very, very wrong. Iceland is just number one on the list. While surfing the internets the other day I came across some amazing pictures of some limestone in Madagascar that looks like the ruins of an ancient city, and Madagascar is now officially on my list of places I'd like to see. I can only embed one picture here, but it is spectacular:


The whole set can be found in a photo album on National Geographic's website, and I highly encourage you to take a look. You don't have to be a geologist to appreciate these. Also, this might be the worst place in the world to fall out of an airplane, even with a parachute. Maybe especially with a parachute.

If you do happen to be interested in the geology, here's an article about how these form, with a very well-done diagram.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm starting a new blog (pentameral.blogspot), although I don't really know what I'm going to do with it. Oh, and I totally stole your playlist background idea (clouds)--just thought you should know. It's no secret that I have a hard time being original.