Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Laramie, Wyoming

That's where I've been since Thursday night. This is a placeholder post, just a promise to my readers that I will have a very full, very detailed report with pictures, possibly in multiple parts, recounting my adventures at the Rocky Mountain Rendezvous at University of Wyoming's campus. It's kind of a job fair, but more serious than what you'd normally associate with that term; it's specially geared toward petroleum geologists and geophysicists and some engineers, those of us who want ties to evil Big Oil. There was a resumé and interview workshop, an amazing field trip through southern Wyoming, a short course on oil exploration, development and production (including the business aspect, which was very cool), a poster presentation (for which Tyson and I both received $100 prizes for honorable mention, competing against posters presenting research conducted by masters and PhD students, which is very cool), and interviews with oil and gas companies as well as well-logging companies for internships and possible jobs upon graduation. But for now, I'm tired, so I am going to get some sleep (we got back to Rexburg at about ten after midnight). I'm not dead, I didn't quit blogging, there's more to come!

No comments: