Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Busy with Homework

I am not doing well at keeping up on this blog. It's not because I have nothing to write about, quite the contrary! I have a lot I want to write about, on many topics, but I just have too much homework. I'm finally caught up with all the stuff I missed because of the trip to Laramie, but now the rest is piled up and I am still up at 1:30am on campus working on a lab involving maps that is due in less than nine hours. I'm writing this short post to clear my head a bit. I am a bit sleep deprived, since not only have I had far too many near all-nighters due to homework and it's still early in the semester, I just can't seem to sleep unless I'm in class (in which case I have to fight sleep!).

Just a couple quick notes relating to this blog, as of today, my post on polar bears has received more hits than the main page itself. I must have really struck a nerve with that one (though not too many comments)! Also, my Twilight comments have recently gained more attention. Not only that, but the subject of that book keeps coming up at school as well; it seems that topic won't die, despite a lull in the hype! I'll have more to say soon, hopefully, to address recent comments on those posts.

Meanwhile, how about some funny stuff? Here you go, enjoy!

The Front Fell Off:
(Disclaimer: This is a joke by satirists Clarke & Dawe)



Bush Pilot (with English Subtitles):
This one was shared by my German teacher here at BYU-I in an email to the class.



Horrible timing for an ad:



Lazy Sunday:
This is an SNL Digital Short by Chris Parnell and Andy Samburg. (If an ad plays, it's worth waiting for the video, seriously).



And finally, from The Jimmy Kimmel Show, parking lot security guard Guillermo in The Bourne Ultimatum (language is bleeped):



I hope you enjoyed that, now I'm feeling better and will get back to my homework!

No comments: