Saturday, October 11, 2008

More Photos of Iceland

I seriously have more stuff to write, and I really will at some point; I'm actually nearly caught up in my schoolwork, thanks to many long nights on campus. I've been kind of lazy today, sleeping in, then not studying; but now I'm reading my Structural Geology book in preparation for an upcoming test, and am about to go practice my Trombone. First, though, in an effort to keep this blog from stagnating until I can make another real post, I spent a few minutes searching the internet for more pictures of the number one destination on my list of places I want to visit. When I finally go, I will have hundreds, if not thousands, of my own pictures to post. Meanwhile, here is the best of what I found:










And this last one is by far my favorite:

And as a bonus, here are a couple videos from one of my favorite bands, Sigur Rós, from Iceland. First, Glósóli, which has some great scenery and some cool kids in various historical Icelandic outfits (plus, the music is great):



And finally, the trailer for the DVD they released of a recent tour of Iceland (I decided the first time I watched this that I would definitely be buying this DVD, and I did, and it's awesome). The lead singer guy is kind of ugly (okay, he's a bit fugly), but they make amazing music and show incredible Icelandic scenery, so all is forgiven:



That's all I have for now. Real post coming later.

2 comments:

Jules said...

I don't really have the urge to go to Iceland, but those pictures are totally sweet!

Professor Chaos said...

Yes, they definitely are! I can't wait until I get an opportunity to take my own Iceland pictures (and go to some awesome concerts there, too!). A friend of mine who teaches geology here, Dr. Jordan, recently went to a geology conference there and took some amazing pictures, but he'll probably publish them and it wouldn't be right for me to put them here first.