Sunday, August 24, 2008

Birthday Vacation

I turn 26 this Tuesday, on the 26th. Kate says that's special, I say I already have enough gray hairs, and mysteriously didn't before I got married. It's a coincidence, I'm sure.

Kate and I are spending my birthday camping at Farragut State Park in northern Idaho, by Lake Pend Oreille (it's a french name, so naturally it doesn't sound anything like it's spelled, half the letters forgotten). We're leaving tomorrow morning, and we're going to spend the next four days visiting people I knew on my mission in the Spokane, Washington area. There will be scenic drives in northern Idaho, northwestern Montana and northeastern Washington. We'll be back late Thursday night or early Friday morning, just in time for me to get ready for my geology field trip and then the start of the Fall Semester. Fun stuff.

Oh, yeah, did I mention it was my birthday coming up? I know you've all already picked out what you're going to get to me, but I'll give a couple suggestions anyway in case you've gotten me the wrong thing.

You could get me a P-51 Mustang, that would be cool:

You could get me an MG42, an extra-cool machine gun used by the Germans in World War II:

Or you could get me a DeLorean. You get bonus points if it has Back to the Future modifications:

I know you guys are all on college budgets, so those suggestions should be enough. I don't need all of them, but I expect at least one of them; pool your money if you have to.

No more blogging until I get back.

No comments: